Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

el-cheapo trailer at Bi-mart?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by jekbrown, Jun 10, 2004.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I have been looking to get a trailer for a long time. It would be used to haul my tires around (500#s or so) or other house/yard junk I need to move. I just got a paycheck thats allll mine today and I was looking at a Bi-Mart ad today and saw a 4x8 utility trailer for $187.99. Says its "ready to assemble, meets all DOT specs, tilt bed". It doesn't include the decking or sides (don't need the latter, could do the former myself) but otherwise it seems "complete". Anyone have one of these? seen em at bimart? what'd ya think? I couldn't find any info on the web about them from bimart or the manufacturer (Victory Land)... wonder what the load rating is...

j

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status Premium Member

They use they 4" wide boat trailer tires is all i know.

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

You might be able to get the same thing cheaper at harbor frieght too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. kennyw

5. kennyw

6. jekbrown

I need a 4x8' trailer to hold my 39.5s, and maybe some spare parts 'n' junk. Looking at HF... looks like they have a 1175lb 4x8 one for $219.99..... and a 990#lb one for $199.99. Both use 4.80" wide tires, though the 1175# one has 12" rims while the 990 has 8". Hmmmm...

on the other hand, a guy on pirate is quoting me $753.99 shipped on the bender + die + degree ring I want.... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Getting back to the trailer though, if it was you, which of the three would you get? Shipping is free at HF on items over $50 right? this include big/heavy chit like a trailer?! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

j

7. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

dood HF is just on the other side of the river... just a stone's throw from my work... who needs shipping, just go pick the mofo up. its closer than 4WPW.

8. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    a guy on pirate is quoting me $753.99 shipped on the bender + die + degree ring

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Details man! Details!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    a guy on pirate is quoting me $753.99 shipped on the bender + die + degree ring

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Details man! Details!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

word....... who is he?

10. jekbrown

mike over at pirate... I'm getting...

ProTools 105HD bender
    1.75" 240 degree die
    degree ring
    shipping

Later on I will get a 1.5" tube and a 1" square tube die as well... I figured I'd get the expensive one first and the cheaper ones later. All protool dies are guarenteed for life. He has a current-ish post in the vendor's forum on pirate, all you have to do is post in it exactly what ya want and he will PM ya cost/payment details after that. Its not a knock on ck5 at all, cause it will always be my fav 4x4 site, but pirates vendors forum rocks... I check it every once in a while just to see what is available. If you're ever looking for 300m axle shafts, or coilovers, fab tools or other high-end 4x4-related stuff its a great place to start.

oh, back on topic... good point on HF being close... once I save up some more $, I'll prolly go get the "heavy duty" 4x8' trailer they offer. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

11. jekbrown

defeaning silence... is everyone at troys? or is everyone trampling over to por as fast as their mouse/keyboard will take them? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

12. jekbrown

me thinks someone in the portland/vancouver area needs to get a 1.5" die... that way if we need to we can trade dies and stuff for a weekend or two. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j