Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Elec. Tailgate Windows

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BamBamblazer, Dec 31, 2002.

1. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

I have an electric window on my 86 k5 that has not worked since i got it. I finally dug into it and figured out that the cable was bad. So i replaced the cable and it worked fine with the exception of it wouldnt go down if i tried it with the key. Then it wouldnt go at all from the switch or the key. So i used the drill to get it up and now it will go up, but Now it wont go down with the key or the switch, I am lost. Anything you guys have experienced or is my blazer just posesed by the window devil?????

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

I've had this problem before too. I think its in the swtich that keeps your window from opening when the gate is down.

3. BamBamblazer

The gate is up and the window wont go down is the problem. It worked before but now it has quit????

4. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

Yea, I think that switch gets stuck somehow. I had taken the motor out replaced and checked the old motor to find out it wasn't the motor at all. Put it back together and it just worked!

5. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

There is a safety switch on the drivers side of the tailgate. Some people have just used a jumper to make the conection. may want to see if that is attached or not if it isn't it won't work. Are your still getting power to the rear window motor? May have only blown a fuse.

6. BamBamblazer

Yes i still have power to the window (it will go up) it just wont go down.

7. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

If you take the key part out and take it apart and clean the contacts, should work fine. they are copper contacts and get corroded pretty easily. worked for me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif