Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ELEC WINDOWS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 74beater, Jan 3, 2003.

1. 74beater

74beater 1/2 ton status

HAS ANYBODY WIRED UP ANY ELECTRIC WINDOWS FROM A LATE MODEL
    TRUCK INTO A BLAZER..SAME DOORS. SAME TRACKS. I JUST NEED TO
    KNOW WHAT'S INVOVLED..

ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY SAWZALL /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. 77fixer

77fixer 1/2 ton status

From what I understand, around 77 the doors changed to accomodate the power mechanism. What I did/am doing is pulling the wiring harness out of my 80 parts truck and then swapping the doors(my front doors need replaced anyways). This way I have all the wiring, relays, switches and such. All I have to do is bore my A and B posts for the wiring to run through.

Brett /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I'm planning to put later model power doors on my '75. The wiring harness for the power windows and locks is separate from the rest of the harness. There are 2 wires that plug into the fuse panel and a large relay mounted on the steering column, right next to the firewall. You can have the entire harness out of the truck in about 10 minutes. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Don't cut the wires between the door and the body. Just drill out (or chisel off) the tiny rivets that hold the wiring boot to the body. Then you can pull the harness out far enough to unplug the doors. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif