Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Elections...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by blazindorito, Nov 8, 2006.

1. blazindorito

blazindorito 1/2 ton status

I am freaking pissed. I was talking to a co-worker yesterday and he said wait 'til the elections are over gas prices will go up. I said no they wont the gas prices have been lower becaue the barrel of oil has been cheaper so they pass on the savings to us. He gives me that smirk and says just watch.

I woke up this morning drove my daughter to the sitter and gas yesterday was $2.29 today it was $2.39. I was that's fu**ed up.
    Why would they do this?

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Gahhh I didn't even think of that... I got home last night with an empty tank of gas thinking I can fill up in the morning. I hope it's just a thing in your area... It was nice playing $35 for a tank of gas instead of $50 :crazy:

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I noticed that this morning, too. I wonder what will happen on wall st today. Regardless of what they actually do, the psychology of dems in power has effects.

4. josh86k10

josh86k10 1/2 ton status

Gas is up here too......interesting :thinking:

5. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

It went up here yesterday afternoon. It was $2.17 and by 3pm election day it was $2.37
    But that was long before any results were coming out, so not sure what the motivator was.

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Its easy , congress wil be gridlocked , lots of hearings and such , leaving big business able to jack us around !!

7. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Of course, there are those here who will claimit is just coincidence, that gas prices went down for the elections, and are now rising back up again.

No, government does not DIRECTLY control gas prices. But, why not a favor from one oilman to another? Its just for a month, then business as normal.:mad:

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

not hard to figure out... the oil companies know that Democraps hate them and want to tax/regulate them into oblivion... they are raising prices so they can stockpile some $$$ to fend off their attacks.

j