Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Electric Choke and Soft Top

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by clubba68, May 19, 2003.

1. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

I just bought a K5 two dats ago and it came with a soft top. I don't know the manufacturer, but there are 2 thin black poles that support the front bar of the soft top, and they are supposed to connect somewhere by the windshield frame, but I can't seem to figure out where. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I have an Edelbrock 650 4bbl with manual choke (the choke is not working well right now, and I was wondering if it is possible to add an electric choke to replace the manual. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks Guys,
    Andrew

2. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Greetings -- I'll email you a couple of pics -- this piece goes from the front bar to a bracket that actually covers the top vertical part of the door/top seal. I've had 3 different soft tops (all bought used - current one - a never installed Bestop off of ebay) and have had to fabricate this front of the bar mounting bracket two out of three times (including my current). This bar should - as seen in the pics - also have a t-bar type piece that goes down behind the window (I had to fabricate this piece out of aluminum strap for my first good-deal used top). Email me if you need more pics and I'll take and email some digitals of my current (fabricated) brackets.

good luck
    Ronnie

3. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Oh - bad buzz --- I don't have your email addy -- you can email me at rrent@sbcglobal.net or if someone knows how I could easily post pics here I could/would do that.
    again good luck

4. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Sorry rrent, I emailed you from the wrong email address. It was just open to my buddy's email account when I was using his computer. My email address is andrew_laing@hotmail.com I have PM'd you with this info as well.
    Thanks,
    Andrew