Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Electric doors??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by nvrenuf, May 22, 2002.

1. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Can I change electric doors to manual? Both window motors are bad so I would rather replace it all with manual regulators.

2. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

You can no problem aslong as your doors are newer than '77 thats when they started power windows .........wait your wanting to convert to non power right.....no problem doors are the same everything bolts through the same holes

3. nvrenuf

GREAT!! That's what I wanted to hear! The doors are '91 model so it sounds like it should go smoothly.

Thanks for the info!

4. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Hey John, I am interested in your power window guts if ya wanna part with 'em cheap. Let me know, please.

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Last time I bought one, a power window motor cost about $45 at Autozone. It should be good for at least another 10 years. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif You'll need to swap the interior trim on the doors if you want to go to manual windows, unless you want to leave the power switches on there too. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

6. nvrenuf

Wow, I just assumed #1 - that the motors were more expensive and #2 - that the manual window crank would cover the opening on the door panel. I don't want to change the door panel because it has the power mirror switch (keeping those, they are cool!). I may just fix the window motors.

Michael, if I don't make changes I'll let you know.

Thanks for the info!!

7. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

You can use different motors besides the chevy p/u ones. I replaced the ones in a suburban I use to have with ones out of a grand am because they were alot faster. It was a direct bolt in I'm not sure of the part # we (glass shops) refer to them as pancake motors because they are nearly flat and I think they are a whole lot less than $45.00 like half that much. Becareful though alot of power regulators are spring loaded to assit the motor and when you remove the motor it releases the regultor and will take a finger off if your not carefull. I normally clamp the regulator arm in a vise before I remove the motor. Hope this helps

8. nvrenuf

That is a tremendous help! Thanks alot!!