Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Electric Engine water pump

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ks2krpt, Aug 22, 2003.

1. ks2krpt

ks2krpt Registered Member

I am trying to find a generic electric water pump that will mount in series with the radiator hose with 1.5" connections. Everything I find is for direct OEM replacement. Does anyone have a lead on a pump like I described above.

Thanks
    Paul

2. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

This may or may not work, but it is remote mounted. It can use 1.25" hose or 3/4 NPT.

[​IMG]

web page

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Yeah, what about teeing something like the above pump into a heater hose line?

Have it "suck" water from the block, and force it into the radiator, given that you have a radiator with a heater hose nipple on it.

Might have a problem when the engine water pump is turning, but I'd *guess* most electric water pumps don't easily freeflow when turned off.

4. ks2krpt

Thank You, that pump will be great for my application. Will order it Monday. Appreciate your help

Paul

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

mind if I ask your game plan? I'm picturing puting a radiator in the back of a vehicle and using an auxillary pump for better flow.

6. ks2krpt

Sled Dog....Nope
    I hate to admit it, but I bought a Chineese Diesel 24 KW Generator. It was a price thing, I knew better....But.
    Its been nothing but trouble, oil and water leaks, injector leaks. Today we had a power failure and I cranked it up and heard a terrible BANG!! the water pump blew. The impeller fragmented and took out the bearings before I could shut it down. I called the importer, NO PROBLEM....I can order a new water pump from China and it will be here within 3 to 4 months ha ha ha ha...... So, I have welded shut the drive opening. I am going to use the external electric water pump and a electric radiator fan....SCREW THEM. When I can afford it, this thing is history. WIll get a Onan or Cat and be done with the problems. THANKS eveyone for your help. Imports form the Pacific Rim is JUNK !
    Paul

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Imports form the Pacific Rim is JUNK !
    Paul

[/ QUOTE ] I think you've got many people that agree around here. I agree on everything except ATVs, Motorcycles, and Dirt Bikes but even then they are produced in America most of the time so thats fine.