Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Electric Fan Help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 79Stomper, Mar 19, 2005.

1. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

All right I lost the instructions for my relay kit I bought a few years ago. I am putting my cooling system abck in and have a problem figuring out where 2 of the wires go from the relay.

I had them on a switch inside the cab as to where if it got too hot I could flip the switch and it would cool it down for me. One of the wires is coming from the sensor mounted on the radiator and the other is coming from the relay. I am thinking that one would go to the switch but what about the other one? I all ready have the power wire ran to it but this one is stumping me. Any help greatly appreciated.

James

2. convertaburb

convertaburb Registered Member

is the sensor wire a ground or hot wire?
    And what wires are hooked up to the relay now?

3. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

the flex-a-lite web site has some instructions that might help jog your memory, if not let me know, i have the relay kit out in the garage and will look at the instructions, i have to go to work in a few minutes, but can look em up later, good luck

4. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Yeah, keep this going. I have a new to me fan and relay that I need to get mounted too. I also have no instructions :crazy:

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

hook you switch weather a toggle or sensor to 86, 87 is power out.

this is a standered configuration so it should be the same.

[​IMG]

6. 79Stomper

Mine looks a little different than that one, but very similar. I have isolated it down to the one wire and it was going inside the cab for some reason. I found the one I mounted to the rocker switch, but still have the one.

For some reason I want to say it goes to a switched power inside the cab for some odd reason, but then aagin why would a relay need 2 sources of power since I have the one going to the battery and it is on a 30A fuse.

Thanks for the replies, I will finish trouble shooting it sometime next weekend.

7. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

i forgot there is a write up in the tech section, with wiring diagram, my bad:blush:

8. 79Stomper

Thanks. I see in the one in the tech section it has a switched power wire as well as a ignition hot power wire plus the one going to the batt on the 30A fuse. I was thinking that but wasn't really sure. I will wire it up next week when I get home.