Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

electric fan

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Nonesuch, Dec 9, 2001.

1. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

would prefer the 2 speed ford thunderbird fan but will consider others. willing to pay up to fifty bucks + shipping for the right setup. Please PM me!
    Justin

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Nonesuch on 12/14/01 07:52 PM.</FONT></P>

2. CAROLINAK5

CAROLINAK5 1/2 ton status

junkyard electric fan from a cavalier....$20

temp. unit from auto parts store..$14

having not overheated since........priceless!

just my .02

when all else fails..............HIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun32>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun32</a>

3. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

i really want the 2 speed fan from a ford cause i tend to overheat in the 100+ summer with the a/c on. oh and the other thing is i have chaecked all the bone yards this weekend and found nothing worth salvaging.
    Thanks Justin

4. 75K5

75K5 1/2 ton status

what you REALLY want is the 2 speed electric fan from a 93-98 Lincoln Mark VIII. You can buy them NEW from houston performance for $110 or find someone selling one for much less at www.corral.net

This fan is much better than the thunderbird one, and flows a WILD amount of air. Just beware that it draws 60amps at startup, and 35 once spun up at high speed. You will need atleast a 130 amp alternator. But believe me, this thing flows over 4000cfm of air. Totally worth it if you have the juice to support it.

Otherwise go for a 94-97 Thunderbird elecric fan. Those came out of the 4.6SOHC's. Don't use the Thunderbird SC fan, it won't flow enough.

you can find a used thunderbird fan at www.tccoa.com or www.ebay.com

Best of luck!
    Brian
    75K5
    94 Thunderbird Super Coupe
    93 Lincoln Mark VIII

5. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

dude thanks for the info and the links. i was boneyard shopping today for a fan and my gawd those guys are getting extreamly addicted to crack as much as they smoke. they wanted 75 bucks at least for a 14" electric fan off of any car. really pisses me off when they see me coming thinking here comes a guy we can rape. Maybe its partly my fault because i dont go in looking like I have been working on cars all my life and still have the first grease i ever got on my hands STILL on my hands!! I also was looking for a a ECM from a 89 camaro . 100 or more at every place i went to. i can get a rebuilt one from the parts store for 90 bucks with a lifetime limited warranty. MAN i hate those damn junkyards. oh damn i just relized this is the parts wanted forum not the i hate this forum. LOL
    Justin

6. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

ttt... still need a fan. if you guys can get em so cheap go get me one and make yourself a little money.
    Justin