Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

electric fan

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mdm365, Jan 27, 2002.

1. mdm365

mdm365 1/2 ton status

I just put in a 350 crate motor in my k5 and I am wanting to put and electric fan my question is push or pull and in side with the engine or out side of the radiator and were should I install the heat switch to turn the fan off and on. thanks for the input. mike from las vegas.

1977 k5-blazer 4"softride 3.5 in rear dana 44,12 bolt rear,now 350 &,205 t-case,465 trans,new headers and new 2 1/4 inch turbo muffler exaust.

2. lasvegas

lasvegas 1/2 ton status

I sent you a response to your e-mail address on your profile.

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Might want to do a search on this topic, you'll come up with a TON of responses. I use a factory stock '90 IROC single puller fan in a shroud - with a 406 SBC and a 4 row radiator. No problems at all for me.

Heat switch probe goes in the radiator towards the top.......pushes through the fins and is secured on the other side. Good idea if you feel it's necessary to put a secondary switch in to kill the fan if you get in deep water/mud.

ONE TON</font color=blue> <font color=green>TPI'd</font color=green><font color=red> BEAST<font color=red>

4. lasvegas

lasvegas 1/2 ton status

Do you have part numbers and does the fan include the shroud and everything needed or not? thanks

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Sorry Damon, don't have part numbers.............I got it from my engine builder, he gets them from IROC's and Z-28's all the time from a local Firebird/IROC specialty auto recycler. The fan had to be mounted in the shroud with 'L' brackets, simple and effective. You can see what the fan setup looks like on my site, click below and check out I believe the Steering Box Brace page, shows the view from the bottom.

ONE TON</font color=blue> <font color=green>TPI'd</font color=green><font color=red> BEAST<font color=red>