Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Electric fans....big enough?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by twenty_below0, Oct 8, 2001.

1. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

I am looking at a 16" 1964 cfm fan with the usual hook up stuff.Is this big enough for the K5, 350, 30 over, mild cam, 9:1 cr. etc, etc.??? THX.. ow and the 25 bones are on the way!! YEE-HA

2. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

im running electrics, on a 350 crate. the thing i read reccomended dual 14" fans, which is what im running. the truck now runs 5-ish degrees hotter than before, but at the same time, i can watch my temp gauge drop when i pull to a red lite. im gonna try a lower temp thermostat, and see what it does for me. i think that might be the ticket.

--matt
    <font color=blue>86, 350 crate, 33's.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Lop Sop Doi Off-Roader</font color=red>

3. J.R.

J.R. Guest

flex-a-lite makes a 5,200cfm fan. model #250, im switching to this one..

BIG BLOCK MAN
    "MORE POWER"!!

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I run a single IROC electric fan on my TPI406 motor. Don't know what the CFM is on it. No problems with cooling at all, ever. Also have a 4 core radiator.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>