Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

electric fans????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by magnum4x4, Dec 27, 2004.

1. magnum4x4

magnum4x4 Registered Member

Waht happened to all the posts on electric fans, from Ford taurus. I remember there being at least ten good write-ups on this project with wiring diagrams and everything. Can anyone help me?????

2. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

if you want some info quick head over to pirate4x4. there is a right up some where in the tech section. I ran ran a ford taurus 2 speen fan on my big block, made a world of difference. The mounting sucks but I came up with some thing that worked very well for the abusive high speed stuff. The fan is very easy to wire up. Just set it up on a relay. I had mine on a switch, you can easily wire it to turn on with you ignition though.

I also used a adj. thermastat switch, from summit, it hit the fan on when water temps hit the setting you put it on. I went though 2 of these though and heard of other people having issues as well. I only used the cheap 25.00 kit though, maybe the name brands are better quality.

here is my set up,

I made a 1x1 sqaure tube frame that layed on the inside of the fan, then I welded the heads of 1/4 bolts and put the studs through the fan housing. Then I just put washers and nuts on. the square frame was welded to two pieces of flat stock. Then I drilled holes in the flat stock that lined up with my radiator frames mounting holes. I also used some rubber bushings off the rack at napa to cushin it.

works like a charm and takes the abuse!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2004
  3. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

There's a write-up in the tech articles forum

4. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member