Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Electric fuel pump brand recommendations?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mastercraftkpk, May 1, 2003.

1. mastercraftkpk

mastercraftkpk 1/2 ton status

Looks like I will be looking for an electric fuel pump to go w/ a Holley projection digital unit.

What elec. fuel pumps have you all had success/failures with?

I know about mounting close to the tank and below tank level along w/ the need for good filtration. I am looking more for comments on manufacturers.

Also plan on leaving the existing mechanical fuel pump in its place since its not hurting anything.

Thanks

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

As long as it uses the 9-13psi like the GM's use I would recommend an Airtex E8094. I have sold many Airtex E8094 pumps over the years for TBI conversions and I have yet to take one back for failure. You can probably find a pump a bit cheaper, but I would only recommend that one. I don't care for Airtex's fuel pumps in general, I always try to sell AC Delco but this one is a good one. I seem to remember that they go for around $130ish. Hope this helps. Nick

3. mastercraftkpk

Thanks for the quick reply MOSESBURB.

Unfortunately, it looks like the party that had made a committment to me Re: the Holley projection 2d unit doesn't keep his word.

Perhaps 75K5KID will see this post. He will probably be in need of an electric fuel pump for his new find.

After all of the research that I have done, I agree that the Airtex pump is worth the extra$$.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Thanks for the quick reply MOSESBURB.

Unfortunately, it looks like the party that had made a committment to me Re: the Holley projection 2d unit doesn't keep his word.

Perhaps 75K5KID will see this post. He will probably be in need of an electric fuel pump for his new find.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I will respond to this personal attack with this: anyone who would like to question my personal worth need only look to (SANDMAN<LAKETEX<POOHBAIR and more..) Or one could simply ask FWP or BAD DOG or Marv SPringer. All of these people can't be wrong. Furthermore, this sale to 73k5kid came after several persons had already backed out on me to buy the kit. I needed to send Laketex money to get some needed parts and As the adage goes..."money talks..and ..." I did not mean to commit to anything. You seemed unsure. I sold to someone that was sure. It's called CYA and I did it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. mastercraftkpk

Juan,

Relax. I wasn't questioning your personal worth. Until now, no one has put that into the equation. Besides, everyone can make mistakes as they go through life. That is why I did not mention your name in my prior correspondence.

However, after you committed to me that you would "wait to hear from me until Thursday", I took you at your word.....that word being that you would wait. When I then PMd you on Thursday to answer a last question and to ask you what form of payment you wanted, you had already sold it.

"IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT YOUR DEFINITION OF "IS" IS."
    --Bill Clinton

Also, I do appreciate your explanation of what happened via PM, Juan.

This is not a question of personal worth, just a question of unclear communication.

6. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    Give the Bosch brand a good look, they are $$$, but
    should last a good long time.