Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Electric Impact Users?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by trollporter, May 19, 2004.

1. trollporter

trollporter 1/2 ton status

Does anyone else use an electric impact gun? I've had one for about a year and love it. It's a AMPRO from Advance Auto.I've pretty much built my whole /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif with it and have noticed no probs yet.

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I dont have one but I have used the 24v dewalt impact and its pretty nice... I'd have one for the trails if I had the money. I'm thinking about buying an electric impact because I'm putting a 1500watt marine-use (ie water proof, weather proof, with built in GFI's) converter in the project blazer /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

That way I can run little air compressors for airing up and down, the laptop or tv, a blender /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif, or just about anything else off the truck.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

got one, dewalt i believe. Works really nice. its great for changing tires in almost any place. I don't have to bring the vehicle to the garage, can bring the impact to the vehicle. We got ours cause of the race track. Don't have to have a bit air compressor in the race trailer, just a generator we have around anyway.

4. crazy427

crazy427 1/2 ton status

I have a 1/2 snap-on electric impact gun. I use it for the track and brought it out on our recent wheeling trips but haven't had a chance to use it on the trail. we do use it for misc. jobs around the shop though and it is the best.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have used all types of electric impacts and they're all worthless in my opinion.

When I worked on boats I used them quite a bit. Although better than nothing, they're seriously lacking on power.

6. crazy427

crazy427 1/2 ton status

I thought the electric gun was goin to be lacking power also. So i did a little test. I put a 3/4 lug nut on a vehical with my snap-on air gun on high. Then i removed it with ease with the snap-on electric gun. ok thats good. so then i installed the lug nut with the electric gun and then tried to remove it with the air gun . It came off but took a little more effort of the gun to loosen it. Now thats a winner in my book. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif