Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

electric motor brushes near los angeles?

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by 13lazer, May 18, 2006.

1. 13lazer

13lazer 1/2 ton status

i borrowed my buddies hitachi demo hammer, it stopped working while i had it. the brushes wore down and slipped and bound the motor. i replaced them with the brushes from my near new sawzall and it ran stronger than ever. now i need to replace the brushes in my sawzall. does anyone know a place that sells replacement brushes near los angeles. they are only $2-$5 parts and im not having any luck buying less than 500 at a time shopping online? thanks

2. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I'll look at work tomorrow in the Milwaukee catalog, for the service centers in LA.

3. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I think I can get them at Willys Electronics in National City but I can't remember off hand. I will check.

4. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Milwaukee Factory Store
    1130 N. Magnolia Ave.
    Anaheim, CA 92801
    714-827-1301

Milwaukee-Authorized Service Center:

Minit Tool Company
    4170 E. Washington Blvd.
    L.A. CA
    323-264-7006

***EDIT*** I just re-read the original post, and I just assumed your "sawzall" was a Milwaukee. Hope it actually is... otherwise, I'm feeling mighty stupid. :doah: :doah: :doah:

5. 13lazer

13lazer 1/2 ton status

it was a milwaukee, thanks. i looked and there are several different tool manufacturers that use the same brushes. the ones in my skilsaw are longer but they will also fit the sawzall. i found them in the mcmaster-carr catalog but they charge $50. that spot in anahiem will do the trick.
    if it weren't for message boards i would be driving a truck with burned valves, no body bushings, and a missing front drive shaft, and i probably wouldn't know the difference. i don't know how people got by before the internet?
    thanks for the info.

by the way jarheadk5, theres only one sawzall like theres only one k5 blazer. i agree with everything said in the milwaukee thread. they are great tools. my milwaukee 3/8" drill motor has mixed alot of concrete to the point of being too hot to hold, but it has never stopped spinning. it still feels new, except for all the oil and paint on it.:D

6. 13lazer

13lazer 1/2 ton status

thats not a bad idea, i have a torrance electronics i go to. i just never made the connection. i'll check them out they have bunches of stuff like that. thanks for the idea

7. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Willies did not carry them.
    I also have a tool mart here in Temecula that I could look at if you need.

8. 13lazer

13lazer 1/2 ton status

isn't national city in san diego? thats not too far out of my range, lately i've been driving to san clemente for work at $50-$60 a day for fuel. i need to find a good inline 6 soon!
    anyway, readymix thanks for the responses. i am sure i can get them locally when i need them. i just noticed my milwaukee chop saw has an identical set in it too.

temecula is a cool city, i own a membership out at vail lake. my dad and i used to fish there in the 80's when that place kicked ass. i dont know what happened out there, that lake sucks now. i think they need to thin the herd and allow people to eat their fish from there like the old days.