Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

electric or mech locker?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jekbrown, Mar 3, 2002.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I am pondering my options for my D60 (when I get it!). I want a locker for it at some point... but I need to be able to turn it off too so I can steer through tight turns. I saw in one of the mags that Eaton has a new electrically-activated locker which sounds awesome. Anyone know when a D60 version is coming out? How about the Ox locker? its mechanical right? just pull a lever and its locked? That sounds like a good option too, anyone here use one?

I am gonna use the tried/true Detroit in the rear with the ff14... just need something selectable up front! Advice is, as always, appreciated!

J

2. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

I saw on Pirate that the OX is going to be around $1500. And they are going to be LTD #'s produced. For that $$, I can see why they are going to limit production. Haven't heard anything about the E-Locker. I think it would be a good idea. You could hook up the switch to automatically engage when you pull into 4WD, and then override it when you want to turn.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

wow, $1500? what a rip!! Why the thing should cost double what an ARB costs is anyones guess. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Speaking of which, wouldnt it be cool if ARB made a version of their locker that you could operate with a simple lever? I am gonna run CO2 for on-board air, I dont wanna deal with a new compressor and all that poop.

hopefully the eaton will be sanely priced. I don't plan on paying more than $600 for whatever I get. Of course, the cheaper the locker is, the sooner I could buy it. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

J