Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Electric PS Pumps? - Anyone know anything about them?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pookster, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Nov 21, 2000
    Curiosity got the best of me- I have a MM Hydro winch. I think its a great winch, except for the fact that it cant operate if the motor isnt running-

Trick is, what if you could add on a suplemental pump?

If you can use it in series with the standard pump or if you can use it in parallel, it could provide two benfits-

1. Wire it in so that it is activated with the winch action.

2. Still provide hydrolics to the winch when the engine isnt running.

And For the other people without hydro winches, it sure makes steering our trucks a little easier when the motor stalls. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Here's my issue- Where do I get such a pump? I checked around, apparently its quite popular in europe for the econo cars, and was also used the fiero, the Acura NSX, and the Honda S2000. While Im sure these do not flow the same GPM, it could still be something.

The other question was, the return side and the Hi side- if the motor isnt running, then the high side isnt presurized-

does this mean there is no fluid to be moved even with the electric? Would the eletric one then need to have a tap to the resevoir?

Anyone know where I can get one of these said electric pumps? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Saturn I believe is marketing that as a benefit of their new Ion's, FWIW.
  3. crawlink5

crawlink5 1/2 ton status

Oct 9, 2003
    Check on the hyd pumps for the low-rider cars that jump around. They can hook you up with a pump most likely.