Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Electric Radiator Fan

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Shadow, Jun 2, 2003.

1. Shadow

Shadow Newbie

What do you guys think about changing the electric raditor fan from sensor only to sensor and override switch on the dash. Instead of waiting for the extra cooling fan to come on after the 454 engine gets hot, as I'm sitting in traffic in the hot Louisiana sun, I could turn on the electric raditor fan from inside the truck to help keep it running cool? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

what i would do is run it to a source that comes on when the key is on with a in-line switch to shut it off when you want thats how i plan to run mine

3. BRN78BLAZER

BRN78BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Yeah mudog's idea sounds better scince u couldn't forget to switch it off and have it drain your battery.

4. Shadow

Shadow Newbie

OK guys, Thanks for the reply, I was thinking about with the switch on the dash to turn on the Auxiliary Cooling fan, I would put a red LED also on the dash, to keep me aware of when the fan is running. What do you think? I 've still got several red and green LEDs that I use in my Alarm business.

5. 88streetblaze

88streetblaze 1/2 ton status

might think about this, adjustable where you can forget about it or you can change it to come on when you want it. It also has the led light like you where talking about, kind of pricey but I like mine.

fan controller

I've got pics of mine in my homepage.

6. bigblock44k5

bigblock44k5 1/2 ton status

AS LONG AS YOU LEAVE THE FACTORY WIRES HOOKED UP AND SPLICE IN A SEPERATE SWITCH AND RELAY TO THE FAN MOTOR, IT WILL STILL COME ON AT THE FACTORY PRESET TEMP SHOULD YOU FORGET TO TURN IT ON OR YOUR SWITCH FAILS.

7. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Well,,,heres my input on this..

I have my fans/raditors in the bed of my S-30, and after fighting a mechanicl JCWhitney thermastat, which eventually stopped altogether, I wired in a relay that powers up the fans when ever the key is "on".

One less thing to worry about.

Rob