Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Electric Rear Window

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FergsK5, Aug 20, 2003.

1. FergsK5

FergsK5 Registered Member

Anybody have any knowledge of a switch that detects that the tailgate is closed? I've heard rumor that the window will only go up (using the switch) if the tailgate is in the closed position. Mine will not go up at all, only down. I belive, if this switch does exist, that it may have gone bad and could be the problem. Any ideas?

2. TxK5Blazer

TxK5Blazer 1/2 ton status

I know there is a switch and I had that problem myself one time the switch was just not triggering at all I gave the tailgate one good closing and never had anymore problems with it at all .....Jason hope that helps

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Yes this switch does exist, look inside your tailgate, at either one of the latches, one side will have the switch, just unplug the wire from the switch, cut the plug off, and splice the wires back together. Switch will then be eliminated /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. vince13

vince13 1/2 ton status

yeah the switch is on the right side of the tailgate near the bottom. just caut and splice together and problem solved

5. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

I may have to do that....

6. FergsK5

FergsK5 Registered Member

Well, I found the switch and it was bad. I bypassed it and still no luck. I can;t figure it out. I have another tailgate in perfect condition, and i may just put that on. It is a manual, so i wouldnt have any problems there. I just don't want to have it painted to match, I'd rather be cheap. Anyways, thanks for your help. Any more ideas would be appreciated.