Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Electric Speedo install?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dyeager535, Apr 5, 2002.

1. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Thinking of running an electric speedometer in the truck. (NP205) Already have the cluster, can't get the thought of a non-bouncy, consistent speedometer out of my mind.

What kind of options do I have using stock (cheap and easy to find a +) components? Like, how were the later 241 speedo drives setup? I assume it's something that replaces the driven gear sleeve, but is the setup from the 241 going to fit the 205?

I'm aware there are aftermarket electric speedometer drives available, but if I can take stuff off of a K5 to use, that would greatly simplify things...and make the TPI/VSS setup a hair easier and cleaner.
  2. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Feb 2, 2001
    I have swapped back and forth on the tranny speedo gear/elec model setups without a problem. You can just find a stock electric model one and swap it for the gear setup, but not exactly sure on how the electrics are setup on a 241. I would guess the same. The gear 208 models are essentially the same as the gear driven tranny setup so I would asumme the 241's would be very similar.