Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Electric speedo with older t-case

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigCountryx, Aug 19, 2005.

1. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

I've been considering a SYE for my np241, but was just wondering if I may come out cheaper if I find an older t-case that doesn't have a slip yoke and install it. Is there a way to adapt to the elctric speedo or would I have to change that out? Would I need the t-case crossmember out of the donor truck? Are there any particular cases that I should look for to bolt to my 700r4?

2. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Much cheaper to just SYE the 241. All you need is a rear shaft then. You start changing t-cases and you worry about adapters and different driveshafts, lever linkage....too much to worry about. You'd spend around $400 for shaft and kit, but hell, that's less than you'd pay for a swap and would be a hell of a lot lighter than any old iron 205.

Besides, with the electric speedo, you can get the super short SYE kit. I'm out of luck since I have the cable speedo 241. 89 was the only year for that.

3. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

I figured it would be easier for the SYE, but I thought I'd check to make sure. And where did you get the $400 number? Cheapest I have found is about $750 + shipping. If it were $400 it would have been ordered allready. I'm looking at almost $400 for just the shaft.