Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Electric Taigate????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by magnum4x4, Mar 10, 2004.

1. magnum4x4

magnum4x4 Registered Member

I have a tailgate I want out of an 88' Blazer. The truck has no motor, battery....etc... What is the best and easiest way to roll down the electric window? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. lt61173

lt61173 1/2 ton status

you can disconnect the part that goes to motor to the regulator and do it by hand. you may need a screw driver but i don't remember, i have done it.

3. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

You could always hook up a 9v bat to the input line on the tailgate motor. Will go slow, but work.

4. dave_90_blazer

dave_90_blazer 1/2 ton status

cordless drill, use it to pull the screws on the cover, then use it to spin the drive cable

5. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Disconnect the motor and clamp on a set of vice grips to the regulator and turn away. That is what I am doing currently. Ghetto? Yes! But it works for now.

Kris

6. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    cordless drill, use it to pull the screws on the cover, then use it to spin the drive cable

[/ QUOTE ]

Easiest way /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. emoo99

emoo99 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Easiest way /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yep that's the easiest way if it does have the blue cord connected to the gears if not get in the truck, pull the cover of the tailgate, get a flashlight and on the left side about the middle of the tailgate will be some gears, put a screwdriver up in there and start turning, takes a while to find the right spot cuz it's behind a metal piece.. there's a dude on ebay sellin a new motor for $60 i'm buyin some tailgate straps from him and a new wire that attaches to the motor, pm me if you want his e-mail address..

8. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

dave 90 has got it. use a cordless drill and just connect it where the cable connected to the motor. the window will probably roll up and down smoother than it ever did with the motor.