Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

electric tailgate

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudNurI, Nov 12, 2001.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

finally getting down to the nitty gritty of "finishing" the truck- my electic tailgate "works" however (forgive me for being vague) there is a spot where wires connect- and I need new clips- is there a specific clip I should use or would just any plain ol male/female clip join them okay? I'm a little worried since I need them, maybe I should use one that's a bit better than just a cheapo 500 for $1 clip? I don't really know what these wires are for, but I asume they work the motor (hehe) They are visible under the tailgate, (the trim piece between tailgate and bumper are off) so I think they may always be exposed to the element of road salt? Any idea's?

---Brandy

IF ONLY THE 3 YEAR OLD COULD TURN A WRENCH
    1986 K5 4" skyjacker suspension 3 " body, 14 bolt rear 12 bolt dana 44 front, TIRED ol 305-

2. greg83k5

greg83k5 1/2 ton status

any connection will do... provided it is adequately protected from the elements....

some GE silicone or hot glue are both good insulators.... make the connection and seal it up!

greg