Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

electric to manual speedo conversion on np241

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gtkustoms, Aug 19, 2002.

1. gtkustoms

gtkustoms 1/2 ton status

can this be easily done by swapping out the tail sections from the electric np241 to the manual np208 cases?

2. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

Re: electric to manual speedo conversion on np208

I thought all 208 transfer cases were cable driven speedos? Someone have the story on that? Or does the cable go to the VSS buffer and then plug into the speedo? I'm bout to put an Autometer mechanical speedo and I've got a 208.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: electric to manual speedo conversion on np208

Sorry to butt in, I was under the impression they didn't go electric until 1989 or so. I've got a cluster in my garage thats electric, but the guy didn't even know what year the truck was, and he'd already cut it up.

Anyone paying attention to this thread know if the NP241 (or 208 if it came electric) speedo drive setup can be retrofitted to an NP205? Would love to go electric if I can ! (and would be interested in buying someones if I can make it work in the 205)

Crawl under your truck and check for a cable or wires.