Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Electrical contactors and installers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 55Willy, Mar 8, 2004.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Hey what brands do you guys commonly deal with for
    lamps, ballast, controls, track and floresent lighting?

whats are the top of the line you use and low end stuff?

2. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

What is the lighting for? I'm an electrical engineer, and specify a lot of lighting for buildings both office and industrial.

Are you looking just at fluorescent? Residential? Commercial?

Advance makes good ballasts.

What kind of controls are you looking for? Dimmers?, Fully automated controls?

Give me a little more info and I can help you out.

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I start a new job in two weeks doing sales for an electrical distributor. Just seeing what brands you guys are using.

where I work now we use the Advance ballast, and Hubble floor recepticals.

have you done any work with lightolier produts?

4. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

We normally don't spec any certain type of lamp unless our client has something specific they want, usually we just spec a fixture to be supplied with lamps. We usually use Lithonia, Day-Brite, and Metalux fixtures for general commercial lighting (and industrial).

We are just really starting to get into the lighting controls as they are being required more now, haven't worked with Lightolier yet, but I think one of our lighting reps is picking Lightolier up, so we will be starting to use it, I have heard they make a pretty good system.

As far as floor receptacles are concerned, we have been using Walker recessed floor boxes for power and data, If I remember correctly, Hubbell is listed in our spec also. (I haven't used floor boxes lately, I've been doing alot of street lighting and wastewater treatment plant design).

Let me know if you have any other questions, or if I didn't really answer your question.

5. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Lightolier highhats are low on my list but i realy do not care what the brand it is
    but that cheep home depo romex with the paper in sucks /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif