Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Electrical Engineer Needed!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by trollporter, Jan 28, 2005.

1. trollporter

trollporter 1/2 ton status

Need help with electrical grimlens in a '90 Blazer. I pluged in my cell phone charger to the cig liter yesterday and it sparked. Now my radio, scanner and overhead lite aren't working when the door is open. When you shut the door everything will work but it flashes on and off. The under dash lite works as normal. If the door is closed and I turn off the key some thing clicks(alot), sounds like a blinker click. I changed the fuse for the radio and took out the blinker clicker(flasher) and everything still acts the same.

HELP!!!

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Unplug ciggarette lighter. Its broken, i promise. Then check the fuses. All should be fine.

Replace 12V outlet at your convenience and you should be good to go.

John

3. trollporter

Thanks I'll try it right now. Love the avatar! How do you like your '04 2500 sub? I'm looking at ordering a '05 2500 4x4 right now for a grocery getter/tow rig. I'm thinking about the 8.1 w/Allison.

4. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

The sub is a 1500 Z71. Love it. IIRC though, you can only get the 8.1 with the 4L85-E in the sub.

Fit and finish is excellent however.:D

and, thanks for the avatar compliment!:)

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

It's very likely that your horn doesn't work right any more either. Check the fuse panel. I can't recall if it's a 20 or 25 amp fuse, but you'll find one that's blown. The design of the cig lighter doesn't agree with some cell phone adapters. Plug them in just a little bit crooked and they create a short between the center 12-volt pin and the grounded case of the lighter. :mad: We had a Motorola phone that would do that pretty much every time that my wife would plug the phone in to charge.

6. trollporter

It isn't the cig liter. I'm thinking that it's something with my alarm system. Or atleast thats where the clicking is coming from. And now my alarm is going off and wont stop so I disconnected the battery. Any thoughts would be great.