Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Electrical fire. burb's offline. *Updated*

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by Ddragggon, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

Electrical fire. burb\'s offline. *Updated*

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifprevious owner was a complete donkyraping s***eatnig F***ing moron.. I wish I'd ripped the wireing harness appart sooner, since it was obviously a complete re-wire job. the previous bastard used ( as I learned when I was prying appart the melted engine harness) AC home electrical wire, instead of the proper DC wire. I was able to limp it home by taking the alternator power lines, and voltage regulator lines, and directly attatching them to the battery, along with the main harness powerline ( should be from the starter) and foregoing the now melted lines where the fuseable links SHOULD HAVE BEEN /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif (insert about 5 minutes of cussing that'd make a dirty sailor blush)

the good news is, I've got 2 replacement harnesses for the damn thing... the bad news is, they're both 60 to 80 miles away...

-Rich

2. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Re: Electrical fire. burb\'s offline.

At least now you HAVE to fix it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    At least now you HAVE to fix it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]no I don't, I can just drive it hotwired until it burns the whole truck down. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Rich

4. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

well, drove out to the parts truck today, and spent a good 3 hours pulling the entire engine, cluster, and lighting electrical harnesses out of the other truck. ( all that leaves is the dual AC harness) I also snagged the tilt column, since as I recall, its in much better condition then the one in the K20 right now. ( not only that, it has a full sized chevy wheel on it, instead of that tiny crap one someone installed so long ago)

now all I gotta do, is inspect the whole thing, replace worn wires, and then find some time to install the damn thing ( prolly tomorrow afternoon) and see if it works.

-Rich