Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Electrical Gremlins

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by vdubbin86, May 28, 2002.

1. vdubbin86

vdubbin86 Registered Member

After driving for about 20 mins my wipers make a swipe across my windsheild. And it happens about every 10 mins after that. Even though the switch is off.

Any suggestions?

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Try replacing the switch, atleast you have intermittent wipers, my choices are "way too fast and ridiculously too fast".../forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. COLLISION

COLLISION 1/2 ton status

are your wipers intermittent/delay???? or are they stock lo high and mist setting

4. vdubbin86

Yeah they are intermittent.

5. vdubbin86

Haha. I got pw, pl, A/T/C too. (When they decide to work) I'm stylin. lol

6. jberg62

jberg62 1/2 ton status

Try turning them on and then off again when that happens and they should remain off after that.
    I think the problem lies within the switch itself and the contacts probably needs to be cleaned or something.
    People usually say that the problem lies within the printed curcuit board for the wiper motor and that is under the hood.
    I can just never seem to find out exactly what is causing it.
    I just do what I said above and it seems to cancel it out.
    No, it's not a fix...just a bandaid.

7. vdubbin86

Ok, Thanks. I'll try that.

8. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

The wiper motor has a "park" switch that allows the wipers to stay on until they reach the park position. There is a cam that actuates this switch. When the wipers get to that position the switch opens. There may be something causing the switch to close, a bump, vibration etc., and causing a swipe. The park switch is under a plastic cover on earlier models....I'm not sure what you're dealing with since your profile doesn't say and your name seems to refer to an 86 VW(?).

9. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

The wiper motor has a "park" switch that allows the wipers to stay on until they reach the park position. There is a cam that actuates this switch. When the wipers get to that position the switch opens. There may be something causing the switch to close, a bump, vibration etc., and causing a swipe. The park switch is under a plastic cover on earlier models....I'm not sure what you're dealing with since your profile doesn't say and your name seems to refer to an 86 VW(?). /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

10. vdubbin86

Yep, My name is for my old 86 VW. I just kept the name cause it was easy to remember and seems to always be available. I updated my profile with the truck info. It's an 81 Blazer. Thanks