Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Electrical guru's help please.Wierd problem..Resolved

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTBLAZER89, Jul 6, 2004.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Electrical guru\'s help please.Wierd problem..Resolved

I know this has to be something simple because so much is related. The schematics in my haynes suck so please help. Here is what it does.

When the truck is off and the brake pedal is pressed the brake lights come on and so do the parking lights along with the buzzer that tells you you left the lights on... don't laugh there is more /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

With the truck on it does the same thing without the buzzer.

The blinkers flash both sides no matter what side you select (like hazards), and flash speed is different than it used to be, and they stop flashing when the lights are on or the brake is pushed the little green arrows stay lit up /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

With the lights on and the brake is pushed the lights get brighter but just barely

Last but not least the reverse lights are on anytime the taillights or brakelights come on

Does anybody have a good schematic they could look at to try and find something in common with all of this

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Re: Electrical guru\'s help please.Wierd problem

I had the exact same thing , when I unplugged my rear harness on drivers side rear and put in the trailer plug ( the kind that plugs in between ) . I had to clean the plugs real good and reinstall with the silicon lube stuff . Bad ground somewhere, or dirty connection I suppose will do it . Have you wheeled anywhere water or dirt would get in there ? Could be anywhere in the harness if the first thing doesn't do it /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

I had simular problem when i removed my flasher relay and forgot to put it back in. I was parked up to the garage door and when i hit the brakes one night, both of my parking lights in front lit up the garage door. LOL, I go "what the hell" finially remembered and put flasher back in and no problem. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

4. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thanks guys for the ideas. I started at the tailights and unplugged everywhere I could until it went away. It ended up being all 4 wires melted together where they run in the frame rail next to my muffler /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif Spliced in some new wires and it's good to go. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Where can I get some heat proof conduit type stuff to wrap the wires in /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Summit or jegs carries wire wraps that are supposed to be heat resistant for near headers.

6. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status