Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

electrical plug on TH400/ no floor heat???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fireinthehole, Nov 13, 2003.

My first question is what is the electrical plug going into my trans (drivers side)? The wire on the plug is in bad shape and want to fix, but am wondering what it goes to. It is in the trans almost right above where the pan seals.

2nd question. What would cause heat to come out the dash vents but not the floor? Maybe the blender doors or something is stuck? Just noticed it as it is cold enough for heat now.

Thanks- Mat

1. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

That is the wire for the kick down. TH400's have an electric kick down that is actuated by a switch on the gas pedal assembly.

Sounds like the blend door is stuck, or maybe a vacuum line has popped off the back of the heater controls.

2. Kick down? Maybe that would explain why my trans downshifts strange sometimes. That plugs isnt very secure either, it takes almost no effort to pull it off.

I will take a look at the vacuum lines on the controls.

Thanks for the info.

3. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I'll second that first reply. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

John

4. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

lol every time I see that terminal, I think I should post a question about it on here /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

now I know /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Any idea why my heat is hot as hell but it won't come out the defroster?