Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Electrical Problem with light switch

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fausz, Feb 16, 2003.

1. fausz

fausz Registered Member

I've removed the rats nest of wiring that was in it when I bought the truck. Now the parking lights, interior lights, and gauge lights don't work. Headlights work, brake lights work, heater, radio, wipers all work fine.

I thought it was the switch, so I bought another one and it doesn't work either, same exact problems.

So in the meantime, I've attached jumper wires to the gauge, parking, and headlight connections on the connector for the light switch. Then I jumped one wire from the previous three into the power for that connector. Now I've got all the lights I need except I can't get the interior working at all.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm getting very irritated with this thing! Thanks!

Phil

2. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

99% those items are fawked up due to the printed circuit on the back of the cluster /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

The interior lights have +12volts on them all the time(orange wire). The switches, headlamp and door, make a connection to ground to complete the circuit.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

You've checked the fuse, right?