Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

electrical problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85mudder, Oct 18, 2005.

1. 85mudder

85mudder Newbie

I have an electrical problem. My windows and heat/ac blower will only work when the truck is not runing i cant figure out why as soon as i start her up the windows wount work and the blower shuts off , any ideas

2. Big89Burban

Big89Burban 1/2 ton status

Only thing that comes to mind is a bad ign. switch. I dont have a manual handy to be able to tell but those two are both "key-on" power so thats what I would be looking into. Check all the other accesories that are key-on and see if they work or not. If they dont then everything about that says ign. switch to me.

3. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

I would second ignition switch. Could be not adjusted properly. Does everything else work though? Do all the accessories work in key on engine off? Does everything else work in key on engine running? Use a test light or voltmeter to see what is really going on. Let us know what you find...

4. 85mudder

85mudder Newbie

thanks for your help i just got back from rooten and they work fine but earler today they came and went some times worked some times not working every thing else works radio, lights, gages, i will look in to the ing. switch tomorrow thanks agin

5. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

I would look into the direct power source to the units also. Could be as simple as a loose wire. Also check the grounds. Use a continuity tester to make sure they are recieving a good ground.