Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

electrical problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5Redneck33, Apr 23, 2003.

1. K5Redneck33

K5Redneck33 Registered Member

ok, if water got inside the starter solenoid, could that make it where your lights dont come on, and your truck dont turn over and guages dont work with the keyforward? has anybody had this problem? ya see, my k5 had to spend the night in water, and i know some possibly got in the solenoid, but after i got it finally pulled out, all the electical stuff worked, except it wouldnt start, but anyway i got robbed cuz i had to leave it again and then now i started puttin it back together and now its not doin anything.. anybody got any solutions? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

No headlights even? Check for 12V to the starter solenoid from the battery cable (on that terminal on the starter) and if 12V there, check the two red wires going from that terminal to the firewall for 12V.

3. MarcS

MarcS 1/2 ton status

Sounds more like a bad connection either at the battery +,- and or where the + cable connects at the starter solenoid. Then check for 12 volts @ the solenoid.Need more info, what got robbed? Parts off your truck or your wallet for a tow?

4. K5Redneck33

K5Redneck33 Registered Member

yea ill test that out. no the parts got robbed man, my carb, battery, air filter, cd player, tach, cd's, and other little stuff, i got discount on the tow bill /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif