Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Electrical Problems...HELP!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudstud, Aug 8, 2001.

1. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

About 3 weeks ago I got caught with the top off in a heavy downpour. The next day I noticed that I had no brake lights (blown fuse) and that the blinkers were not blinking (they'd just stay on). I replaced the flasher box and fuse and all was good until this morning. I had 2 blown fuses, the blinkers and the brakes. The only place I have been working on the truck is around the radiator. I have checked the wires that run between the radiator and mount and none looked damaged. If you have any tips I'd love to hear them. Thanks guys.

Stuck is a state of mind!

Mudstud
    76K5 sb400/350/203parttime/3.73-D44/GM12 locked

2. lugnut

lugnut 1/2 ton status

Never pulled the top off a blazer so I may be way off here. But dont the tail light wires run kind of close to the bolts for the top? Maybe a wire got pinched taking the top off or putting it on. Just a thought. Hope it helps.

3. Fish

Fish Registered Member

This might be a long shot - I had trouble in the winter with ice building up on the wiring for the rear brake lights in the fender well. The wires rubbed on the body, and eventually I had a short. Pulled the tail lights out, spliced in some new wire, and I was all set.