Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Electrical probs on 99 Jimmy...Comb. Flasher, Security light on...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Michael2k5, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Michael2k5

Michael2k5 Newbie

Hi all,

It all began when I jumped my brother in law's diesel Mercedes. He had a heating unit plugged in to 120V to my notknowing. Since then, the Combination Flasher (in glove box) continues to click as if the turn signal was on. Not always as staccato as a turn signal click, sometimes irregular. I went to the dealer and got a new one, but didn't fix the problem.

My question on that is, what problems might occur if I don't find the source of the problem in time? Could it short out the "brain" on the car? I was told it might..

Also, I recently found out my used truck has a remote start. I've been using it and since then, the security light pops on every now and then. What's say to that??

Thanks all!

Michael

2. Michael2k5

Michael2k5 Newbie

**reset**

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

thats why thay say dont jump with comp controled cars .. buy a jumper pack there great and if thay go dead when using just clip on runing car and set for 5-10 min and good as new charge. i use them all the time on used cars at the lot great stuff