Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

electrical troubles..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazeonchevy, Jun 5, 2006.

1. blazeonchevy

blazeonchevy 1/2 ton status

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: so i put in the new steering column that me and a friend put together. the old column had no turn signal switch. so i got a column out of a burb and put it together and put it in. the emergency flashers work but we cant get the turn signals to work. there are wires everywhere it is all hacked up.so i cant figure out what could be wrong. oh and when you have the emergency flashers on the gas gague flips from one side to the other with the lights. this also happens when you first switch on the turnsignal....there are new bulbs in all the sockets. even the reverse lights work. let me know some things to check. i have been poking around with a test light but cant figure it out. well thats it. thanks -sam-

2. blazeonchevy

oh is there a way to test the flasher box? the small box with 3 wires running to it.. i think thats what it is... im not sure

3. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

man that is messed up

Have you tried replacing your turn signal fuse?

4. jamber2541

jamber2541 1/2 ton status

I had a similar problem once, take off the bolts that hold up the steering column push it down and you should see some wire connections, take off the one that mounts on the steering column (its kind of long and just slides in) and check the back side of the wires to see if any of them have rubbed the plastic coating off, that is what was causing my short

5. blazeonchevy

i replaced all the fuses that were messed up in the block...i will check the wires tomorrow... my dad thinks that i should make sure it has power at the switch. im not sure if it does or not but ill find out tomorrow.

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Is the wiring for the plug identical? Depending on the column (years) the wiring was moved around/added/subtracted for different functions.