Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

electrical wiring in the back lights.****UPDATE****

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k5ntexas, Feb 9, 2002.

1. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

well all my lights in the back are off and i keep blowin some fuses. i'm using the right amp for em and their still blowin. i wanna fix this cuss i hate drivin without lites back there as i may get a ticket. i just don't know where to start. any help i would like. i wish i could provide more info. ummm thats all the info that i can provide right now. i'm gonna work on it fer a while and see whats goin on. well wish me luck. thanx in advance. later.

well we looked at the fuse box and the turn/back up fuse keeps blowin. so we got a 12v tester and checked the connections in em and the left connection doesn't lite up but the right side does. the same goes for the brake light (stop) fuse. so any ideas now? i'll check those other things tommorow as its gonna be a great day so i might as well do that.

jacob

what is that low rider doing under my k5?
    wow nice lil jap car. whats it good for?<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by k5ntexas on 02/09/02 09:39 PM.</FONT></P>

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Re: electrical wiring in the back lights.

I'd check if someone has added a trailer harness. Mine were pretty butchered up and caused me all sorts of head aches! I've had a few tail light wires that were badly corroded too and one that was dead shorted on a bumper bracket..

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Well mine did too.Was shorting out on the hitch the pre.owner cut the wires from the pigtail and never sealed them or covered them.You might want to get some wire and make a 4-wire loom and cut the wires in front of the gas tank and then reattach on the bumper side sometimes the wires develop a cut or nick above the gas tank where you can't see it or get to it. just my 2 cents

4. BUSCO

BUSCO Registered Member

Another idea is to check the "weatherpack" connectors on the left rear of the truck.That is where all the wires for the back are joined.They are under the truck between the rear wheel and the bumper.If you disconnect them and find GREEN,that could be the problem.Or like said earlier, the trailer harness.

'87 Full Size.Holley TBI.