Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Electronc Q jet or CCC? Pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by COCHEV, Jul 22, 2003.

1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

my buddy sent me pics of his carb. can anyone tell me if it is just an electronic version or a CCC? thanks,

jason

qjet pics

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

linky no worky logout of webshots or copy the link from "MY Community Page"

3. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Doe's it have a couple of wire's coming out of the top? If so, it's the magical electric Q-jet. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

5. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

Don, more than a couple. try the link again. it looks like it has 4 on the pass. side- 2 blk and 2 blue, and then looks like another plug in deal on the drv. side right in front of the accl pump. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

he is having an off idle bog, which could be anything from a bad accel pump to vac leak to incorrect timing. i'm planning on rebuilding it for him when i go see him, but i'm also going to bring a another good working carb- but it will be non-electric. just hoping it is not a CCC

6. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

What's a CCC? I just rebuilt my Q-jet and it looks almost exactly like that. I don't have the front vacuum brake (or whatever it's called) or all the wires, but other than that it looks just the same.

7. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

Computer Controled Carb. so, does anyone else have a computer controled, non F.I. rig. what all does the computer control on those years? Trannie, Distrib?

8. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Do You have the Book by Doug Roe? titled "Rochester Carbureter's"? It's a must have and it cover's electric Q-Jet's. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

yeah, got the book. it cover's the carb. just wondering now how much else is controled by the computer in those rigs.

and it still amazes me how many differnt variations there are in the q jet. i've owned a lot of them and they are all just a little differnt. it would be nice if they could standerize it and come out with one model. like edelbrock did with the carter. i know edelbrock makes the q- jet, but there are still like 4 differnt versions. plus they are rediculously priced. i'll keep rebuilding my $10 used ones /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif