Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

electronic choke on quadrajet carb

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dewy86k5, Feb 1, 2001.

1. Dewy86k5

Dewy86k5 Newbie

The guy I bought my 86' k-5 from put all auto meeter gagues in to replace the dummy lights. Since the choke on the carb recieves a signal from the oil press. sending unit, can I fix it so I don't have to spend 30 min. in the morning trying to get it started?

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Cant you tap the trigger wire from any other wires that go other senders? Or are all the guages mechanical now? If that is the case, or you need a constant power "on", then run a tap to the ACCESSORY/radio power wire. It will only be one once you turn the key. I doubt that this will work if you need a momentary electric pulse. On a side note if you need the constant "on" then run a seperate switch to match any of your off-road lights and you can have an aircraft style ingition/theft deterant.

" What day is today?....Febuary.....Its nudie magazine day!!!!!!!! " - Billy Madison