Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

electronic fuel pump.. which is better

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RootBreaker, Feb 15, 2002.

1. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I dont know if yall have a ABC ( American Battery Corp ) near yall but here is my question...

ABC sells a electronic fuel pump for $30 that looks like a transformer out of an old electronics device, while Pep Girls sells one for $50 that comes with everything and is a round cylinder. Is there a real difference? Is one better than the other?
    thanks

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/rootbreaker>Pics of buildup</a>78 Chevy 3/4 - 14" on 40"x17x16.5 Ground Hawgs

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have an Auto ZOne cheapo made by Master McMaster or somethign like that and it is probably similar to the Pep Girls one... I would spend the extra cash and get a Bosch or a Walbro inline unit! Walbro would be better!

Mike

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>EMMETT</a>
    says: "<font color=green>It ain't easy being Green!</font color=green>

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I've been running a Carter inline electric pump for the last 8 years on my 84. I know that Walbro is THE name in electric pumps, but the Carter has never once let me down and still puts out over 4 PSI......

<font color=red>DIGGING AND DIGGING AND DIGGING</font color=red>