Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Electronic Speedometer in 90K5 - again

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ryan, Mar 30, 2002.

1. Ryan

Ryan Registered Member

I'm finally geting rid of the 31x10.50's that came on my Blazer for something larger. I did a search, couldn't find any definate answers. What do I need to recalibrate my electronic speedometer on a 90 K5? I will also be doing an axle/gear swap in the future, and don't want to pay $150 for a calibration now, and then turn around in a year just to have it recalibrated for another $150. I would prefer to have something I can adjust myself. I believe I have seen a box that can be adjusted on a TV show before, but that was when I had a '83, so I didn't pay it much attention. Any reasonable priced ideas? I should have kept the 1983, when little $5 colored gears would do the trick. Dang electronics.
    Thanks for any help.
    Ryan

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

There is a VSSB located under the radio. Its either white or yellow. I have heard you can add/remove some of the pins in it to recalibrate...sorry I couldn't be of more help, but please post if you find out, I'd like to fix mine too.