Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Email Usergroup Everyone Read and Comment or Sign up if ya like

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by istallion88k5, Nov 21, 2000.

1. istallion88k5

istallion88k5 1/2 ton status

I hope Steve won't mind this, I created a mail list/group at egroups.com. I think this would be a good idea because it is free, unless you want to pay to get rid of the small banner at the bottom of the messages, its only like 70 bucks a year or something. I have been a member of several groups through egroups and it is very nice. If you would like to join just send an email to coloradok5-subscribe@egroups.com .
    All users get any email sent to coloradok5@egroups.com and all users get the replies that are sent. This is a very cool service and I would think it would help Steve with bandwidth as well as being a little faster/easier to read in an email format, I didn't make this to replace this forum I made it to be an addition to it. Hopefully everyone will sign up and it will become another wonderful tool for the members of coloradok5.com. Again to subscribe send a blank email to coloradok5-subscribe@egroups.com
    Steve you can be the moderator on the list if you want I just set it up while I was thinking about it, unless you don't want anything to do with it and you think it is a bad idea or if you just do not have the time I will do it.

If it aint a Chevy don't raise it up!

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Re: Email Usergroup

I will check it out

[​IMG]
    5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'm on the E-groups list for bc4x4.com. Its pretty cool, I get it in digest mode, kinda like bulk mail [​IMG]. If there are a lot of users you get a lot of E-mail (duh!) so with digest mode you get one or two E-mails with like 25 messages in one mailing, it makes it a little easier to scan through.

Rene

[​IMG]

4. istallion88k5

Nice to hear I am not the only one who uses this service, now all we need is to get eveyone to sign up and Steve to bless the idea.

5. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

The local group of guys that go wheelin around here have an egroup. It's really nice to keep in touch/relay info. What exactly were you planning on having on there though?

<font color=blue>I don't get stuck, I'm just in the mud when I stop for lunch [​IMG]
    - NJFourWheelers</font color=blue>

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I and a couple of other K5 owners from Oregon are on the bushhackers egroup mailing list.........seems all I get is barely understandable emails that one person on the list would understand. I will try that "digest" mode but seems redundant to have this message board and the egroups list. Maybe I misunderstand how this will work, please elaborate for us.
    Just my $.02.

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I have the digest mode and at least that way you can see how the topic develops instead of getting somewhat random emails. The downside is trying to respond. You have to go to the E-groups page and respond from there or you'll end up forwarding the whole digest to everyone on the list (very annoying). I find it is a nice addition to the message forum at bc4x4.com. It sure seems to generate some lively discussion, as well as some pretty good humor.

Rene

[​IMG]

8. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

9. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

The only problem is that, I kind of need the traffic here to help pay the bills. But I am open for ideas.

[​IMG]
    5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel

10. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

An email list would only divert traffic away from ColoradoK5.com
    There's already a good egroup group out there -

73-87ChevyTrucks@egroups.com

Join up - I think there are more 4wd than 2wd on the list. Mostly it is trucks, but a good share of Blazers. It's basically the same anyway, or why would I (with a k20) be on a k5 site? :)

11. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

I see Steves point here, it is a good idea to save on bandwidth but if we want this list to stay free we'll keep coming here, visiting, clicking banners OH yeah and this list has the BOSS BUTTON, EGroups doesn't have that!
    [​IMG]
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

12. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

Hey Mike,

Tried to check out the egroup thing. Couldn't find it by typing in theaddress you displayed ... What am I doing wrong?

13. istallion88k5

Like I said earlier this idea was not to compete, or take away from this forum. I was thinking maybe it would be a good thing for people who need help fast or don't have the time to get on the web and check the forum, and if you were in a hurry or on a slow internet connection all you would have to do is check your email. I like the idea of using it mainly as a ASAP help source since probably everyone checks their email more frequent then the forum. If everyone still thinks it is a bad idea we can just kill it, it was just an idea.

14. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status