Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Email warning

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

During the next several weeks be VERY cautious about opening or launching any e-mails that refer to the World Trade Center or 9/11 in any way, regardless of who sent it. PLEASE FORWARD TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW, "WTC" STANDS FOR THE WORLD TRADE CENTER. REALLY DANGEROUS BECAUSE PEOPLE WILL OPEN IT RIGHT AWAY, THINKING ITS A STORY RELATING TO 9/11!

BIGGGG TROUBLE !!!! DO NOT OPEN "WTC Survivor" It is a virus that will erase your whole "C" drive.. It will come to you in the form of an E-Mail from a familiar person. I repeat, a friend sent it to me, but called and warned me before I opened it. He was not so lucky and now he can't even start his computer!

Forward this to everyone in your address book. I would rather receive this 25 times than not at all. So, if you receive an email called "WTC Survivor", do not open it. Delete it right away! This virus removes all dynamic link libraries (.dll files) from your computer.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE!

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Okay, didn't know, sent page to person who sent me email warning.

4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I can't get a virus from just opening an e-mail. I have to download an attachment or something else stupid.

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I got the warning too..

A friend E-mailed me that "warning"too!...I remebered getting it right after 9/11 too,so I think its old news...

I'm more likely to get a virus from reading all the Nigerian spam letters I get daily--you know,the ones that have a person who died tragically in a car crash or plane crash,and had 20 million dollars in the bank,and they need ME to help them get it out!..YA--RIGHT! :surepal: :surepal: I'm going to run right down to the bank and open an account for them..must think I'm stupid.. :screwy: :screwy:

I get a "Winning Notification" from the "British Lottery" about once a day,saying I've won xxxx# of "pounds"....funny thing is,I've NEVER played any lottery online!--they say my e-mail adress was "picked at random"--but a google search says there IS no such thing as a british lottery,and it is another scam...

The e-mails I hate most are those sent by a "friend" that say"Dont break this--send it to at least 10 others,or you'll have bad luck"--or "At 11:15 pm you will get a phone call from a lost friend and you'll be very rich--BUT if you delete this your house will burn"--etc... :surepal: :surepal: ...GO AWAY!!!. :doah: . :angry1: