Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Embarrassing moments....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyCaGal, Aug 5, 2002.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

We all have em... been awhile since we've done this type of thread so lets hear em. I'll start out...

A few months ago we went out to eat. It was me and the 4 kids I was babysitting for.... anyhow it was a lot of stuff we got. I wasn't feeling so hot afterwards. Anyhow they wanted to go to the mall so I said yes. We parked on the 3rd (top) floor of the parking garage and started to head inside. Taylor the oldest is walking by me and decides to do a loogie off the top. Me not feeling so good hears that sound, you know the sound of getting that loogie. I looked over to tell him to stop and he spits. I was like oh great..... it was too late I saw it, it grossed me out and out comes dinner. It was projectile. It was horrible. I caught some in my hand and directed it to a bush... but most was everywhere else. The kids freaked and were screaming EWWWWWW. This poor couple walking out almost got it. They hauled out of there... but the kids tease me to this day, probably always will. Cuz man I was like blah... everywhere.... and like I said it flew! LOL /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

2. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

GROSS !!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif So you had a conversation with RAAAALPH, uh? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Chuck, hurl, spew,honk , heave, retch, technacolor yawn,barf, jetison the payload, yak, vomit,regurgitate,puke,sprekin ze mastication.... /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I love "technicolor yawn" Another favorite is "laffing at the carpet".
    Alright, Steph. You have guts to share that story. A few years ago I was reading electric meters and I was talking to dispatch on the radio. Apparently a guy was standing outside my window waiting patiently for me to finish my conversation when I stuck my head out the window and sneezed right on his face from about 3" away. I felt really bad. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

5. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I got one...

A few weeks ago, I took my car to the car wash and pretty soon, the carwash dude waves me over to let me know my car was done. So in I get and realize that they had completely jacked up my floor mats, so the seat wouldn't go back. I'm cursing and trying to yank the floor mat back into position and I feel a little bump like somethin' hit my car! So, immediately there's like fire shootin' out of my eyes and I'm like WTF?? who hit my car?? In the rearview, I see a minivan with a couple and some kids and I'm preparin' to get out and exchange words and stuff when I realize that while I was dicking around with the floor mat, my foot came off the brake and I rolled back into them... /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

6. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

The first time I can recall feeling embarrassed

I was just a little kid, maybe 4 or 5 or 6, realy young.
    We just finished dinner at a steak house and heading out the door, I was trailing behind as usual. Scootin' along and I see this lady (with her back to me) wearing one of those old-old Western/Country dresses, the ones that looked like a big bell. Wellll, I wanted to see what held it up....
    So I took a peek.
    Yep, on my hands and knees, crawled under her dress and took a look. Didn't see anything but white-fluffy stuff, and was suddenly jerked out from under this lady's dress by my mother.

I was just a kid, didn't know any better, but I remember it well enough to say it was my first embarring moment.

7. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

I honestly think my most embarrasing moment was when my son was about 2 or 3 years old. He had his first memorable encounter with a black man (i appologize in advance if this statement offends anyone. It isn't meant to.) The man was training to bea speciality dr. at the children's hospital my son went to. Matthew was puzzled at the differences. He would touch the man and then look at his hand. I was trying to discourage what he was doing hoping that the man wouldn't see. Well after my son had done this about 3 or 4 times and I felt as small as small can be the dr (with a smile on his face) looked at my son and said it's okay son...it isn't going to wipe off. I felt so embarrased. I was very red and appologizing up one side and down the other. Obviously the dr wasn't offended by it because he went on to tell me that it happens all the time.

8. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

My daughter did the same thing when she was about 3.. We where in a store and she screams he is Black.I'm trying to make her be quit but she keeps screaming it.I was appologizing like crazy to him.And he was great and says it happens all the time also.. Guess it does..LOL.

9. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

That brings up a memory Donna. A few yrs ago we were at the grocery store and there was a Mexican family in front of us. </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    (i appologize in advance if this statement offends anyone. It isn't meant to.)

[/ QUOTE ] Me too! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Anyway they had a little boy w/ them about 5 or 6 talking to his mom in Spanish. My daughter was about the same age, and looked at the kid in all seriousness, made some random babbles, and finishes w/ "Yo quero Taco Bell" I swear I turned purple! I was trying as hard as I could not to laugh, AND was embarassed!

Fortunately the kids parents thought it was utterly hillarious and had a good laugh too. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

10. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Well, OK...

Summer. 98 in the shade. Hop in my Toyota truck with camper shell and side windows, do a little shopping. Park, get distracted by something, get out and yes, lock the keys in the car, they fell on the pass side floor.

Tailgate's locked, so I slide open a side window. Talk some poor shmuck into rolling me over to the window in a shopping cart so I can crawl in (too high otherwise). I slip in, shopping cart guy goes away. Too late I realize that I can't get far enough into the cab thru the window to the cab to reach the keys. I unlock the driver side door, but does me no good. Tailgate won't open from the inside.

I'm locked in my own truck.

All the windows are tinted so no one can see me. It's getting hotter. Can't tell if I'm sweating from the heat or the full knowledge of the depth of my stupidity.

Nice conservative guy walks by. Hears (in small embarrased mouse voice) "Excuse me! Excuse me! Could you get me outa here???"

Guy (with much trepidation) peers into the window and sees me. I talk him into opening the door, scrounging around on my floor for the keys. He lets me out and RUNS away.

Embarrassing enough? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

This is one of my milder misadventures. Moral: With consistent effort, one can embarrass themselves enough that there is truly nothing left to be embarrassed about.

11. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

LOL! you all have some funny stories. I have so many embarrassing times how do I even pick.

When I first moved here to washington I needed a little run around car until I could find my truck. I bought this car real cheap at the auto auction. It was fine except it had a really small hole in the radiator, and once the car warmed up it would start leaking and steaming really bad. (This is in winter by the way).

Anyway This is when all auction cars had to be looked at by state patrol. I couldnt get the radiator fixed at that time and they would only allow me a one day pass to get my car looked at by patrol, smog checked and registered. (3 places all different parts of town). So off I went with this car to try to get this stuff done in the one day I was alloted.

The car would be perfectly fine wilst in motion but as soon as I stopped the water would start to drip out of the hole and huge and I mean huge billowing clouds of steam would come out of my hood and engulf my car. People were honking and yelling at me that my car was on fire, I tried to tell them that it was just steam (sticking my head out the window and yelling through the steam cloud) and even thought of offering for a few to stand near my car and get a free facial at the red lights but they didnt understand. They were afraid of me and would pull over to get away.

I pulled up to one guy (VERY good looking) who was in a really nice chevy truck and of course as I turn to look at him and he turns to look at me the steam started emerging, I would try to act like nothing was happaning but his eyes grew big and thats all I remember of him becuase I couldnt see him through the cloud after that.

I pulled into the Patrol and guys with uniforms and badges come running up to me screaming at me that my car is on fire and I cannot proceed. It took allot of talking to get them to understand its just steam! I must have look like I just landed from mars emerging from the steam clouds yelling "its ok, Its just steam please done kick me out" I got the same response at the smoge check station and again at dmv. What a day that was. I had convinced my mother to go with me that day incase i got arrested for my billowing clouds of steam, but the whole time she just put her jacket over her head and hunched down so she wouldnt be recognized. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

12. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Well I think my 3 year old pulled a good one tonight. We were at the grocery store waiting to check out. There was an elderly lady in there shoping with another elderly lady. Well they both looked like they were dressed in their pajamas. The back of the one lady's very see through gown was cut so low that you could see her bra. My 3 year old yells look mommy you have a bra just like that. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif Well thinking nobody else heard her (or at least not the lady that she said it about) I process to continue on. Until the man behind me says.....they don't miss anything do they? /forums/images/icons/blush.gif Needless to say I turned very red. And just said no they sure don't.

13. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I got 2 that just popped in my head (that doesn't deal with rated R stuff).

1st was my 2nd or 3rd day of Freshman year in College. I didn't know anyone at the time. I'm up early for breakfast before class. I go the caferteria (in the caferteria, there are many large Clear glass and glass doors before you get in), I was hurtin' from the night before and didn't realize that I was walking straight toward the clear glass. SMACK!!! /forums/images/icons/confused.gif I just stood there and then looked up and saw everyone look up and point and started laughing at me... So I'm like, yeah yeah, laugh it up and proceeded to walk through the non-glass opening. Then I realized I forgot my ID card and the mean old lunch lady was like "sorry, you need your ID". So I had to turn around and walk out. I guess to everyone else, it looked like I was too embarrassed to walk in and eat, which was not the case....it's funny to think about now though.. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Nother one was later in my freshman year, some buddies messed with my alarm clock. They turn the time back 1 hour early. Alarm goes off for me to get up for my 9am class (but it's really like 7:40 right now). I hit snooze, sleep for a bit, then jump up and brushed my teeth and jetted. I got in class and coincidently, the same seat I usually sit in was vacated. I'm like 5 minutes late (like usual), so I run in and sit down before the teacher turned around (he was still writing on the chalk board). Then I looked up and saw one of my friends sitting there and I'm like
    "Dude, what are you doing in my class?"
    He said, "What are YOU doing in My class?"

Then I look up and all these people that weren't suppose to be in My class were staring at me.
    I was like, "this aint the 9:00am class?"
    "Nope, it's the 8am."
    I looked at the clock and sure enough, it's 8:05.
    I get up and ran toward the door as fast and quietly as possible before the teacher turned around, then he did as I was almost out the door and he said, "Mam, where are you going?"
    (I had long hair at the time, so he mistaken me for a chic).
    Ohh man, that was funny! They all told me later he kept asking why that "girl" got up and ran out...hahah /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif.
    Boss