Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

emblem install/removal help please

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by johnnieg, Apr 19, 2004.

1. johnnieg

johnnieg 1/2 ton status

How do you remove and install the fender and "silverado" emblems? I tried to reach in through the engine compartment but can't reach. One K-5 emblem was already smashed so I just pried the rest of it off with a screwdriver. Do they snap in or use those speed nuts? thanks everybody.

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I just rubbed up against a tree and they fell right off...actually the "Bl" part stayed on the "azer" part fell off... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. johnnieg

johnnieg 1/2 ton status

that's exactly what happened to me. But I mean without destroying the emblems. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. cacabrown

cacabrown Newbie

If you cant find a new/used emblem they have all of them in LMCTRUCK.com catalog /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Most of the older ones are held on by those cheesy speed nuts. The newer ones are held on with sticky glue-tape crap.

7. lukebaby1

lukebaby1 1/2 ton status

The K5 front emblems can be a little tricky. I always end up replacing them. The ones after 1980 are really cheap and break at the slightest stress. I ended up replacing the ones on my 1984 with the cast monkey metal ones from the 1st generation type blazers. They are much better and look cooler. You have to drill a couple of extra holes, but done right they work great. Instead of using speed nuts, (because of the access to the inside of those particular panels) I used some Plumbers Goop, which is a sort of clear acrylic glue that dries hard and clear. I just put it liberally on the mounting pins and then affixed it tell it dried good. As for the rear Silverado emblem, you can access those speed nuts through the tailight housing opening. You just have to go to the trouble of removing the tailight, and housing. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif