Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Emblem removal...how?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Rix_Gotta_Blazer, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Rix_Gotta_Blazer

Rix_Gotta_Blazer 1/2 ton status

The'81 is gettin painted in 2 weeks. I am in the process of doing the prep work. I was able to remove all emblems except for 2. The 2 are the "K-5 Blazer" emblems on both of the front fenders. is there some sort of tip or method anybody could give me to remove these? any input is greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

They are held on by nuts.....You have to pull the hood and hinges to get to them.....or take a sharp puddy knife and tap on it with a hammer carefully and shear the studs on the emblem.....Since they are made from "White-metal" they shear easily.....After the paint job...glue or apply double sided tape them.....I never bolt them back on!!!

3. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Something to consider is filling those holes for the paint job. Emblems aren't necessary anyway and detract from a clean look unless they are in great shape. You can hold most of them on with 3M two-sided trim tape. That is what holds most of the emblems on newer cars. All holes are just opportunities for rust.

4. 83PJW

83PJW 1/2 ton status

i removed mine by getting real close to a tree and... no just kidding if it comes down to it just order new ones from lmc catalog they are dirt cheap.

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well i didnt have to worry bout removing mine..they just rusted there way of...hahah /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. BigBadCad

BigBadCad 1/2 ton status

I also think you should pull the tags, weld, and fill those holes. I like the clean lines of a truck with the emblems, trim, and wheel mouldings removed.

7. Rix_Gotta_Blazer

Rix_Gotta_Blazer 1/2 ton status

My method worked perfectly, Break them off and don't look back. they looked like junk after 21 years anyway. Thanks for all the insight fellas.