Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

emergency fuel pump switch

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k5blazerholic, Sep 1, 2003.

1. k5blazerholic

k5blazerholic Newbie

i Have a 1991 k5 blazer and after my wreck i cant get it to start because i cant find the emergency fuel pump shut off someone please help!!!!!

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Uhhhh This sure would get more attentions in the garage....I don't think there is one. I think that was a mid 90's deal. No where in my factory shop manual is one mentioned for my 88.

I would start by checking fuses. If all is good then put a meter or testlight on the power lead to the pump. WHen the truck is first turned to run the pump should cycle for 5 seconds to build pressure. Have somebody turn the switch while you check for power. If you got power the the pump is proably hosed.
    If you have no power then you need to figure out why. Could have pooped a fusable link in the wreck.

3. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Just below the fuel pump relay there is a connector that you can run a circuit to this connector and it will activate the fuel pump.