Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Emergency Measurements Needed!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SchnorrCS, Feb 24, 2006.

1. SchnorrCS

SchnorrCS 1/2 ton status

Hey Guys...Just got home to Colorado and me and my dad want to start on the winch mounting plate, but like a dumb ass I forgot to Measure the frame rails. If memory serves, the rear frame horns were 36 inches across on the outside. Not sure about the front.
    If somebody could please measure the front, I'd appriciate it. I'm wanting to make a plate that sits across the top of the frame with pieces that go down on the sides that will have bolt holes that will go throught both the plate and the frame. By the way, My blazer is a 1974 model. Do you guys know if the frame from and 83 1/2 ton short box would be the same as far as the front frame on the Blaze?
    If you could please measure across the top of the frame from one outside edge to the other and how wide the top rails are, as well as how "deep" the frame proper is, I'd definatly owe you a six pack!!!

Thanks Guys!!!

cS

2. SchnorrCS

SchnorrCS 1/2 ton status

Anybody???? Bueller?

3. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I will go measure the frame on my '90 if you would like.

4. wildmouse216

wildmouse216 1/2 ton status

My '80 is 28 5/16 outside to outside of framerails. I did the same thing with my blazer. If you take out the grill and cut out the center support thing behind it you can set a Milemarker 12,000 LB winch completely behind the front bumper. Have fun!

5. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

mine is 28" on the dot outside to outside in the front