Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Emission Packages

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k20, Jun 22, 2003.

1. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Does anyone know of a site w/ what came in what emission packages? If you just happen to have a book of em I need to know what was in these 1987 packages
    ZHA
    ZJF
    ZJC
    ZJL
    Also what particular vehicles did the ZJC and ZJL come on? Finally, I know that no 4wd 3/4ton 'burbans came w/ the 454, did 3/4ton 4wd come w/ 454's? Im lookin at the emission badges for my engine swap, and need the one to make it at least appear legal, but puttin the least emission equipment on it necesary. I got a 3/4ton now that has half ton emissions on it, (AIR injection and CATS) but the burban im gettin the engine out of has true 3/4ton emissions, (only AIR pump), and we've had a 1 ton before that had no emissions on it. Any explanations of what is in these packages is appreciated, and I know there are 50 questions in this post. Thanks.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

These 2 have nothing to do with emissions, the other 2 i don't know about.

ZHA - TIRE SPARE P235/75R15/X BW R/PE ST TL ALS
    ZJC - TIRE SPARE 275/70R22.5 BW R/ST TL OOR

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

yeh i found that, but thats new truck codes(99 up i believe) but in 87 it was emissions... i found replacement stickers and those are 2 codes that it gives, it just doesnt give any info as to what is in the package

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    but thats new truck codes(99 up i believe)

[/ QUOTE ]
    nope, but also maybe....the ZHA is on my rpo code sticker in my glovebox in my 75 burb /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I do know that for some reason GM used the same codes for different things on some things /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif does make it harder to figure out

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm assuming you want the emissions "badges" (the underhood sticker?) to get around a visual inspection?

If so, won't they know right off the bat when they run the VIN? I mean that will tell them half, 3/4 or 1 ton right there.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you are trying to do...

6. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

All that the inspection stations around here get off the VIN is if its a gas or diesel...if it comes up gas they smog it, if diesel, they dont....Then they go by the emission tag on the vehicle to see what it has to have on it, least this is how its been explained to me. I just want the tag for the 7.4 but before i buy the sticker, i wanna know what it says I have to have. But yeh, I want the tag to help it pass visual, and maybe help me ditch some emissions crap.