Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Emission Plug size for 88 Exh. manifolds

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TJS, Feb 28, 2005.

1. TJS

TJS 1/2 ton status

I am converting my 85 K-10 to TBI and I am putting on 88 k-5 TBI blazer exh. manifolds on and taking my headers off. I would like to know what size thread and taper it any are for the injection tubes. I have not taken the tubes and thread off yet. I got them on e-bay and the tubes and check valve look brand new. It does not look like pipe thread to me. I do not want to convert the headers cause I am sick of them and I am building just one 3" system with a 3" gibson muffler. Thanks in advance.
    T.J.
    www.tjsperformance.com

2. RedBrute

RedBrute 1/2 ton status

I have the tubes off my '87 here in my hand. Looks like 7/8 18 thread if I count right, straight thread not taper. You planning on blocking these off or useing the AIR system? An easy way to plug these off is unthread the fitting, drop a penny down inside and tighten the fitting back up. Thats my .02 worth.:laugh: Hahahahaha I kill myself sometimes...

3. TJS

TJS 1/2 ton status

Thanks. I have to measure them with a thread pitch gauge and see what they are. They are at my shop and I am not there till Sat. I might even just cut the tubing out and then turn a plug on the lathe and put it in the fitting and then put it back in the manifold.

T.J.

www.tjsperformance.com

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Pipe plugs work....

You can use 1/4 inch NPT pipe plugs to block the emission tubes--they arent the exact correct thread,but they screw in and work fine--or you can do what I usually do,just saw the emission tubes off flush at the nuts where they go into the manifold,and braze or weld the hole shut where the tube was..I like the penny idea,a cheap fix,IF you can get the tubes to unscrew--not many of the ones I took out came out easy,or were able to be put back in once removed...:crazy: